Monday, December 17, 2007

Parties and Such

Now I'm all for hanging out with friends, having a few drinks and being social. Heck, I even enjoy hosting these events. But for some reason that past few times large groups have gathered I just find myself annoyed. 

Now the evening started off with a bang as the surprise portion of the party went very well. The guest of honor was indeed sufficiently surprised and the party commenced. What more could one possibly want...

I want people to not be bitchy and ignorant. Further more complaining and talking bad about one or more of your hosts friends is completely unacceptable behavior. 

MAJOR buzz kill for me. 

I find that in moments like this I just want to ask people to leave. However, it's not really my party so who am I to cause a scene. Yes it was at my house but not my party so I stewed quietly and prayed for them to leave sooner that later. 

It was later...way later. 

the next party I'm posting signs that read if you talk about my friends get the hell out and if you talk about the BGB for more than 5 minutes you owe my a dollar for every minute you talk. 

Parties are there for people to socialize if you have a problem with someone or something go to a bar, that seems to be where most of the gossip and bitching happens anyway, let's keep it there. 

and now I will step down from my soap box and return to our regularly scheduled program.

No comments: